Monday, September 13, 2010

12 of 12: September

In which fall comes to 12 of 12! For more, see Chad Darnell.

8:38 - Up.

9:15 - What were Sunday mornings created for, if not for reading in bed with cat? This is Death Comes for the Archbishop, by Willa Cather, which is unexpectedly wonderful.

12:20 - Researching funding options for a documentary series I'm working on. Please, Diddy?

12:40 - Tasty Dog, brown mustard, no onions. Greatest.

2:28 - Triumphant sock knitting; less-than-triumphant Niner football. Ouch.

3:54 - Admittedly trying to squeeze a last-minute post between 12-of-12 posts, so I can pretend I update this site regularly. Amazingly, it worked!

4:57 - Note: When one leaves on time for church, one might get there early! Some of you know how revolutionary this is for me.

5:03 - Still early.

7:45 - Post-service ice cream sundaes; my friend John mixed strawberry and butter pecan, which I pretended in the moment not to judge, but...ew.

7:52 - Good, good friends.

8:40 - Catching up on the way home from church: Promised Land, in which Ira Glass opens with his "I wish" song and Starlee Kine finally gets to go to Disneyland.

9:07 - Finding that elusive space between "clothes" and "jammies" where so much work gets done. Excellent.

To October and beyond!

4 comments:

Lipp said...

Home made sox!

JCB said...

Church pews should be made more comfortably!

Liz said...

Lipp - They're the best! Though this is my second time knitting this one--Take One was too small.

lovesmukiwa - Indeed. I'm glad we're a pew church and not a chair church, but they do get a bit hard--even with cushions!

Dogeared said...

I think that's the best up shot in a while, don't know why! And aww, reading in bed with kitty does sound nice :D

(sorry my comment is late!)