Monday, March 10, 2008

Spring cleaning

Ah, spring. That glorious time when a young man's fancy turns to love. Also, less famously, the time when a young blogger's fancy turns to discontent with her layout.

What I've got here--no longer the pink blog!--is the product of a couple of days of tinkering with Blogger's canned layouts, and even a foray into Wordpress, but this whole journey of discovery has led me to a new conclusion: the only way I'm going to get my perfect blog is to design it myself, and the only way to design it myself is to learn CSS. (Also? There must be a lot of ugly blogs on the internets. I'm just saying.)

So I'm going to do it--pick up a library book and maybe an online tutorial or two, and see if I can't get this place looking the way I'd like it to look. In the mean time, please don't mind the mess, and possibly any weird mid-tinker layouts that might surface while I learn. (I'm trying not to, myself.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I appreciate the spring cleaning impulse, I'll miss "the pink blog". Always reminded me of "the pink cookie" at Nordstrom's espresso bar. And that was a good thing.

Liz said...

In all honesty, I kind of miss it, too. But Blogger doesn't fully support that layout anymore anyway. Here's hoping for a more attractive future. :)

Xerxes said...

Of course the bigger question is will Liz remember that today is the 12th?!

Liz said...

This is a totally valid question, and I think you're going to be pleased with the results! (Or not, to be fair.)