Sunday, March 02, 2008

Things I've Enjoyed This Weekend:

- Luke and Dave interrupting my spinsterish ways by coaxing me out of the house for Thai food and a rousing discussion of inventions and million-dollar schemes, a la Perfect Strangers

- Meeting up with long-lost Michigander friend Pei-Lan for sunny Saturday brunch of surprisingly delicious eggs Blackstone (still overcoming a bad poached-egg experience)

- No Country for Old Men, which, believe it or not, really was the best movie of 2007

- Button-down shirts in cute, springy fabrics(!) and proper sizes(!!) at the Gap

- Fake-interviewing Javier Bardem

- East of Eden

- Communion and a Josh McPaul sermon

- The return of cousin James from Bar Exam Land, silly mustache and all

- Church book sale (Added to living-room used-book pile: All the Pretty Horses, My Antonia, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Theft)

Good times. Good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray enjoyable weekend!

Welcome back James (with mustache)!

Anonymous said...

I cannot lie, the mustache was a bit silly. That was part of why I grew it, everytime I looked in the mirror, I laughed.