Monday, August 25, 2008

The little things

Smallish things that make me smile:

- I have rediscovered my passion for the Tangled Yoke Cardigan and have either one or three rows left on the body. Next up: knitting the sleeves, two at once! It's magic! (Magic Loop, to be exact.)

- Rilo Kiley. Nothing new; I'm just loving them an extra lot these days.

- Joe Biden makes me nervous, PR-wise, but I like what he stands for. (If nothing else, he gives a killer law-school commencement speech, right, James?)

- BBC Pride and Prejudice: Never gets less funny, romantic, and all-around wonderful, if you've got six hours lying around.

- A lovely, foggy day at the California Palace of the Legion of Honor, especially the Women Impressionists exhibit. I do love me some Cassatt, and others. (Nitpick: Shouldn't it be "Woman Impressionists"? "Women" is not an adjective or even a noun-type descriptor, guys.)

- Non-denim, non-khaki, non-fancy pants that fit. Thanks, Old Navy!

- British hip-hop, esp. of the girl-fronted variety. Why is it always so much better?

- Sunday afternoon + Gone With the Wind + friends + foooood.

I like my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I totally forgot that I heard the future Vice President give a speech at James's graduation! Good catch!